When a student or employee finishes a training program, they like to receive something that recognizes their accomplishment. Getting a certificate at the end of a program provides proof that they completed the course and learned the required information. This is helpful when they want to apply for a job or demonstrate proficiency to one of their managers.
Normally, the course instructor would hand out the certificate at the end of the course or mail it to the recipient. However, this is harder to do lately. The recent health crisis has forced many training courses online; to the point where, according to EducationData.org, 98 percent of institutions moved the majority of their in-person courses online for the time being.
Whether you’re doing more training online only temporarily, or it will become a permanent change. Providing digital certificates for your training and education courses is a smart decision. Luckily, you can easily provide digital certificates for your courses, thanks to Steams Online.
The Benefits of Providing Digital Certificates
Makes it Official
1. Without some kind of certificate at the end of the program, anyone could say that they completed the course. Providing an official certificate to those who successfully completed the course will help separate those people who actually did the work from those who didn’t. This is essential for both the course manager and student, who both want official evidence of completion.
2. Handing out paper certificates to each of your students at the end of each course costs a lot of money. You typically need to have these certificates printed on high-quality paper and in color. Between the paper and ink costs, you’re spending a significant amount of money on certificates for your students.
With digital certificates, you don’t have to worry about this. You just create the certificate digitally, and if the student wants to print it out, they can do so on their own.
You Don’t Need to Meet in Person
3. Lately, it’s a lot harder for people to meet in person. We can’t hold our courses like we used to, due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak. Many organizations have had to shift their coursework online, meaning you can’t give out the certificates in person like you used to.
To avoid having to get together or spend time in an office putting together all the mail envelopes with certificates, you can instead send the certificate digitally. This will help keep everyone involved – instructors, staff, and participants – safe and healthy.
Easy for Participants to Share
4. After completing a course, most participants want to share their accomplishments with others. Maybe they want to show it to their friends and family, or maybe they need to provide proof to an employer. Either way, providing the certificate digitally makes this easier for course participants.
Once they receive the image, they can easily share it via email, social media, or uploading it to a website. They won’t have to bother with taking a picture of the certificate or finding a scanner to upload it to their computer.
Easier to Manage
5. If you’re an organization that offers several different certification courses, keeping all those certificates organized can be a challenge. But with digital certificates, you can store all the information in one place. This makes it easier to send out certificates, so you can spend more of your time on other matters.
How to Provide Digital Certificates for Your Training Program
With all these benefits, it makes sense to provide digital certificates for your training and education programs. Steams Online makes this easy, by providing a certification feature when you manage your training courses through us. Our digital certification tool comes with the following features:
Templates – We offer several templates that you can use to design your certificate. You also have the option of uploading your own template. Our tool makes it easy to create a great-looking certificate for any type of training or education course.
Official Seal – To make your certificate legitimate, you’ll want your own seal on it. With our tool, you can upload a digital copy of your seal and we’ll insert it right into the template.
Signature – The other important element of your certificate is your signature. With Steams Online you can upload your signature and we will embed it into the template. With your template, seal, and signature all uploaded, your certificate will be ready to go.
No Storage Limit – Steams Online does not limit the number of certificates you can make. You can create an unlimited number of certificates through our system for as many courses as you would like.
Delivery – Once your course participants have completed their training, you can send out the certificate directly from our tool. We’ll send out a digital copy of the certificate to their email, where they can then download the image or print out their own copy.
Cost – Our digital certificate tool comes at no additional cost. It is a part of our subscription package, so you have full access to it once you become a member.
Get Started with Digital Certificates
Providing digital certificates makes sense whether you plan on having your courses online or in-person. It’s not only easier to manage but can save you a significant amount of money. And when you consider the current trend towards online education and the recent health crisis, it only makes sense to do as much as you can online.
To learn more about how you can provide digital certificates for your training and education courses please contact Steams Online today. We are here to answer any questions you may have about this feature.